Many couples do not get divorced because it is complicated. The issues surrounding assets of both individuals involved and the problems that arise when children are involved complicate the legal separation proceedings. There are plenty of reasons that people get a legal seperation and just as many reasons why people avoid getting a divorce even though they do not want to remain together.
What most people do not realize is that a divorce can be dealt with in many different ways. The proceedings can be handled by an arbiter or there can be a court case involved. Deciding what type of help is needed is the first step towards getting the divorce that people need. Both parties may want legal representation to make sure that their interests are fairly represented. There are no winners in a divorce, but there can be losers if the people involved are not careful.
People often have the following types of questions:
- When and Why should I get a divorce?
- How much does a it cost?
- Who are good divorce attorney’s in Texas?
- Who are good divorce lawyers in Houston? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas? Forth Worth?
- How is property divided?
- Is property always divided equally when getting a divorce in Texas?
- How are bills divided during a legal separation?
- Am I responsible for my spouse’s credit card debt?
- Does the Texas Attorney General do the legal separation?
- Is there spousal support in Texas?
- How much is spousal support in Texas?
- How long does spousal support last in Texas?
- Who pays the attorneys for the legal separation?
- Can I get it for free?
- Can I get a Pro Bono lawyer?
- How long does it take??
- Is there a waiting period?
- What is collaborative law when getting a divorce?
- What are valid reasons?
- What do I do if I get served with the papers?
- Do I need to go to court to get a legal separation?
- Must I a move out of the house if served with papers?
- What does a restraining order mean?
- What does a protective order mean?
- Is a it necessary in a domestic partnership?
- Can same sex couples get it in Texas?
English | Español