All office visits are by appointment only.
Family Law Legal Assistance
America Family Law Center strives to provides family law help and assistance to individuals needing help resolving various family situations. Many situations involve family law and parental rights. The organization’s primary focus is on children and their relationships with their parents. Understanding how to navigate a divorce, child custody, child visitation, child support, and parental rights can be overwhelming. We are here to help.
The organization is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. Its mission is rooted in the belief that children should have a loving relationship with both parents. Loving relationships between children and parents can continue after divorce or separation. When children are parented safely and lovingly, by both parents, our society and communities will be better off.
Family Law Help and Assistance
America Family Law Center is devoted to helping the low-income, and underserved get family law help and assistance in Texas. This includes assistance for matters a variety of issues such as child custody, divorce, and parental rights. Some of the areas of family law the organization can help with include:
- child custody (access and possession),
- child support,
- adjudicate parentage,
- divorce, and
- parental rights
- adoption, and
- kinship placement.
Other Questions — Parental Rights, Child Custody, Child Support, and Grandparent Rights
Often parents and individuals need additional information about a situation before any legal action. America Family Law Center can help provide a better understanding of many topics, including:
- What are my parental rights?
- How do I get custody of my children?
- How do I get child support from my child’s other parent?
- How do I get rid of back child support?
- How do I change my child support in Texas?
- What are fathers rights?
- How do I stop child support when my son or daughter turns 18?
- How do I establish visitation with my children?
- What is an Acknowledgment of Paternity, or AOP?
- How do I get a DNA paternity test to determine if I am the father or dad?
- What does it mean to adjudicate parentage?
- What does conservatorship mean in Texas
- How do I find my child?
- How do I enforce my visitation?
- Can the mother go to jail for not letting me see my child?
- Do grandparents have rights in Texas?
- Why might I go to jail for not paying child support?
- Do I have to let my child go for visitation?
Programs provided by the organization include Child Custody Legal Aid, Child Visitation Assistance, Children First Always, Fathers Rights Initiative, Texas Law Helpline, Texas Lawyer Referral Service (TxLRS), and Texas Volunteer Attorneys.
America Family Law Center collaborates with other agencies and resources to help people get access to assistance for situations that may involve:
- shared parenting,
- parenting programs,
- parenting classes,
- child support establishment,
- child support collection,
- child custody, and
We are here to help. Call today to find the help you need.
English | Español
can be contacted by
phone or text at 214-516-7700
Children need their parents