Affordable Family Law

Many people cannot afford it.  Therefore, they do not get legal representation.  The primary reason for this is the cost of hiring an attorney.  Lack of money creates a barrier to get traditional legal representation.  Therefore, providing affordable family law critical.  Since, accessible family law allows people to get legal help, regardless of income.  In fact, the Supreme Court of Texas has encouraged providing affordable service through limit-scope or unbundled legal services in Texas.

Limited Scope or Unbundled Legal Services in Texas

Family law deals with family matters and domestic relations. This includes areas such as divorce, child custody, domestic partnerships, and paternity testing.  Also, it can consist of juvenile adjudication, child abuse, and others situations. Without the right legal assistance, a person may not get what they deserve in the courts.  Legal assistance can take a variety of forms from just consulting with an attorney to full representation.

To make family law affordable the use of limited scope representation or unbundled legal services can be used. This will give a person the legal assistance they need for specific areas. It may range from legal assistance with guidance or the filing of paperwork to affordable representation during a hearing.  Unbundling these services through the use of limited scope makes it possible for a low-income individual to address their family law situation.  It is also possible to find Pro Bono representation for some cases. Also, self-help aids and other means are also available for the people that need legal assistance in family matters but think they cannot afford them.

Pro Bono lawyer

Additional Questions:

  • Can I represent myself in a divorce?
  • How can I get a Pro Bono lawyer?
  • Where do I find a free lawyer
  • Can I get free legal assistance?
  • How do I qualify for a court-appointed attorney?
  • Can I dissolve a domestic partnership without legal representation?
  • What is my custody of my child?
  • Do I need a divorce if I have a common law marriage?
English  |  Español

America Family Law Center
can be contacted by
phone or text at 214-516-7700
Children need their parents