Shared Parenting

Raising a child is difficult. It often requires both parents making decisions for the child for them to do well. In cases of divorce or when a child is not able to live with both of the parents, it can be difficult for the parents to work together. Shared parenting agreements can help in these cases. This parenting agreement will give both parents the rights and responsibility of making decisions for the child.

Shared Parenting

It needs to include agreements on how decisions will be made for the child. The shared parenting agreement also needs to cover the areas that will be shared by the parents and what areas are the responsibility of each parent. Another critical element of the agreement is some way to resolve disputes that will arise when making decisions for the child. This can be informed about the use of arbitration or mediation to resolve the conflicts.

Relationships will change as a child grows older and it is possible that a shared parenting agreement will need to be revised. Knowing when and how to reopen and renegotiate a shared parenting agreement may require legal assistance and a lawyer that specializes in this parenting plan.

People often have the following types of questions:

  • What is shared parenting?
  • What goes into this parenting agreement?
  • Can I do my parenting agreement in Texas?
  • Does the court need to approve this parenting agreement in Texas?
  • Are shared parenting agreements enforceable in Texas?
  • How are disputes decided when there is this parenting agreement?
  • What can this parenting agreement cover in Texas?
  • Do we both have to agree on a shared parenting agreement?
  • Where can I find an example of this parenting agreement?
  • Is this parenting agreement legal in Texas?
  • Do I need an attorney to write up a shared parenting agreement in Texas?
  • Can this parenting agreement be terminated?
  • Can this parenting agreement be changed?
  • How is this parenting agreement changed in Texas?
  • What parental rights does this parenting agreement give me?
English  |  Español

America Family Law Center
can be contacted by
phone or text at 214-516-7700
Children need their parents